Here are a few steps that need to be followed to import olives & olive oil from Greece:
- Contact our main agent in Greece for the list of local warehouses from which you’ll choose the closest location to you to drop off your shipment. Have in mind that one can import, for personal use, only 50lts per person of olive oil, as per the CFIA limits under the “All other food not mentioned above” category. As for the import of honey, the limit is 20kgs per person.
- Your shipment will be then forwarded to the main warehouse in Athens and will be loaded into the container for Toronto, Canada.
- Once our agent notifies us with your shipment, you will receive a letter including an Authorization Letter used by our broker to custom clear your shipment and a Declaration Form for you to fill and sign – listing the quantity and description of the products you are importing.
- You are asked to send us back the signed documents either with a prepaid envelope we would include in the notification letter or by email.
- Once the custom is cleared and your shipment arrives to our warehouse, you will receive a second letter or email notifying you about the arrival and the terminal charges.
- You can then come and pick up your shipment from our warehouse. You should have with you with the second notification letter and a Photo ID.
If you reside within GTA, you can contact
us for a delivery option.
If you reside outside of GTA or in any other province across Canada, you will have to contact
us for the delivery charges and find the best option for you.
In case you ship – along with olives, olive oil or food products – any other personal item, your entire shipment will be considered as personal effects and your physical presence will be required at Canada Customs for the customs clearance and pickup in Mississauga, ON.